In this digital age, it has never been easier to share your opinion and make your voice heard online. Whether you love or loathe a product or service, it is all about sharing the experience with others online.
From a business perspective, online reviews have are everywhere and can either have a positive or negative impact on your brand. That is why it is so pivotal to have a review management strategy where all reviews are monitored and appropriately addressed.
Online reviews are a massive part of engaging in any business service, and they also offer other advantages. Reviews offer prospective customers real accounts and insights into the experience they are likely to have when determining whether they should engage with a brand.
What does it all matter so much?
- 95% of consumers look at reviews before making a purchase
- 9 in 10 consumers claimed online reviews were likely to influence their decision making
- 85% of consumers hesitate to do business because of a negative review
- 95% of consumers admit that online reviews impact their purchase choice
- An overall average 3.3-star rating is the minimum needed for consumers to consider engaging
Paying attention to your reviews is critical to your online reputation. Whether you receive negative or positive reviews, they are a vital part of the customer journey and feedback loop.
As you can see, it is necessary for your business to have an online review management strategy in place. You can do this by setting up a social listening strategy in place to monitor all reviews across social platforms.
Guide to Review Management
- Positive reviews: Positive reviews are gold. What better way to tell prospective customers how amazing you are. Thank the customer to show how much you appreciate their feedback.
- Responding to negative or fake reviews: A negative review can do damage, but that is not to say that a negative review is the end of the world. It is the response to the negative review that will make the difference. Even if a review is not legitimate, it is vital to address it and seek to investigate the claims further. After all, prospective customers will be watching your response so keep it positive.
Benefits of an Online Reputation Management
- Brand Trust: Positive reviews are unbiased and offer consumers a window into the experience they will likely have when dealing with a business. Additionally, the response your company puts out will show that you care about your customers and the experience they have. This, in turn, will foster a positive relationship and create trust around your brand.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Online reviews and SEO benefits go hand in hand, and this especially carries weight on google were reviews account for 10% of ranking factors. Reviews are the first thing displayed in search engine results, making Google the ideal platform. For better search results, aim for more of those reviews.
- Increase in Revenue: Even increasing your reviews by one star can lead to increased revenue; in fact, numerous studies have found that the increase could be anywhere between 5-9% as a result.
- Feedback: Reviews also give your company insight into what you need to improve on and the things you are doing right. This first-hand knowledge is invaluable to the future success of your business.
When it comes to online reviews, consumers hold a lot of power. But with a review management strategy in place, businesses can also shift brand perception positively by acknowledging and responding to both good and bad online reviews. An effective review management strategy will boost customer perception and, in most cases, increase satisfaction. For more information, get in touch with Real Clicks to learn more about how we can help with a review management strategy for your business.